Job: Digital Media Officer
Fancy getting involved with the 20th anniversary Glasgow International Comedy Festival?
We are on the look out for a Digital Media Officer to come in and help manage our digital channels through until April 2023. Check out the job description below.
DIGITAL MEDIA OFFICER
Job Title: Digital Media Officer
Reports To: Marketing and Sponsorship Manager
Contract Type: Freelance/Fee Based
Contracted Hours: Normal working hours will be 30hrs per week with potential for some hybrid working. Additional hours will be required during the festival period and for specific events within reason.
Engagement Period: 7th November 2022 – 7th April 2023 – 21 weeks (negotiable)
Salary/Fee: £7,150 (£22,526 pro rata)
Glasgow International Comedy Festival has been showcasing and celebrating the very best comedy since 2003. Taking place annually in March, the festival delivers, supports and celebrates comedy events of all kinds in venues across Glasgow.
2023 will be the festival’s 20th outing and will see it reimagined to look forward to the next 20 years.
Our mission is to rebuild and revitalise an international comedy festival for Glasgow, showcasing the city’s famous humour and hospitality to a global audience.
- We will foster a festival environment that enables comedy to break down barriers for all
- We will provide a diverse and varied cultural programme of comedy shows and events
- We will put Glasgow at the heart of the festival to the benefit of its economy, communities and citizens
- We will be open, collaborative and inclusive
- We will be environmentally, economically, socially and culturally sustainable and aware
Home-grown – Representing Glasgow’s aims, ambitions and unique personality. Supporting and showcasing Scottish comedy.
Accessible – Improving accessibility of venues, shows and services for performers and audiences with additional access requirements.
Inclusive – Identifying and implementing opportunities for under-represented groups to access the industry across programme and place.
Sustainable – Assessing and minimising potentially harmful impacts of the festival through mindful sustainability practices and commitments
About the role
We are seeking someone with a background in digital marketing to implement the festival’s online marketing, manage the festival’s website and social media channels.
The ideal candidate must be able to write concise, effective copy for online and have good working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
- Social media: Management of GICF social media channels to build awareness and excitement about the festival, sell tickets, provide information to festival goers and communicate with fans.
- Email marketing: Assist in growing the email database and producing regular emails
- Website: Regular content updates including writing news articles and updating listings
- Research and identify additional digital marketing opportunities to promote the festival
- Help manage online sponsor rights
- Collate images and copy from promoters
- Review and monitor online stats and performance on a regular basis
- Office support to wider team
What we are looking for
- Enthusiasm, positivity, creativity, reliability, team spirit.
- Digital marketing experience including social media management, CMS updates and email (on the job training for website and email marketing will be given)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for, and experience of, creating and publishing creative content
- Must be proficient in the following IT packages: Excel, Access, Word, Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva or similar graphic design applications desirable but not essential
In addition to the above, it would be nice to have…
- A creative and collaborative mindset
- An awareness of and commitment to sustainability, inclusivity and accessibility
- A passion for comedy at all levels
- And, of course, a sense of humour
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a short cover email to Michael@glasgowcomedyfestival.com no later than 5pm on Wednesday 19 October 2022. Please also complete our equal opportunities monitoring form here.
General Recruitment Information
- Applicants must be 18+ and have legal right to work in the UK
- We advise applicants to apply sooner rather than later. We expect a high volume of applications for this role and applications may close sooner subject to this.
- Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 24th October 2022.
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival Ltd. is an equal opportunities provider and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and under-represented communities.