GICF has been bringing world-class comedy to Glasgow for two decades, and in 2024 we will be celebrating our 21st birthday.
On top of the established names that we always have, we pride ourselves on showcasing both Scottish talent and emerging comedians from around the world. We offer a diverse array of comedic styles, including stand-up, improv, sketch, and alternative comedy.
Our aim is to have the biggest impact of any comedy festival in the world. We believe and promote Glasgow as the funniest city in the world and look to celebrate comedy’s role in Scottish culture.
We want to use the festival as a vehicle to make comedy more accessible from a watching and participation perspective. We want to engage communities and groups that don’t have an obvious path into comedy and creative activity in Glasgow that removes barrier to entry.
We want to provide more pathways into a comedic arts programme for those that have an interest but not the means or know how to achieve this.
Our values and vision for the festival are:
- We will foster a festival environment that enables comedy to break down barriers for all.
- We will provide a diverse and varied cultural programme of comedy shows and events.
- We will put Glasgow at the heart of the festival to the benefit of its economy, communities and citizens.
- We will be open, collaborative and inclusive.
- We will be environmentally, economically, socially and culturally sustainable and aware.
There are three key pillars to achieve our vision for the festival.
Need something more specific? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in March 2024.