UK Marketing Officer Required
We are looking for a keen, imaginative and hard-working marketing professional to join a small team based in Glasgow. With a proven track record in marketing, excellent communication and presentation skills and a demonstrable interest in comedy and arts events, you will be an integral part of one of Scotland’s key cultural events.
UK Marketing Officer - job information
Closing date: 24th January 2014
Interviews: 27th / 28th January 2014
Candidates with the relevant skills and experience should email their CV to request a full job description to Sarah Watson, Festival Manager: [email protected] All applications must be received by 5pm on the closing date 24th January 2014.
Qualifications and Experience:
This is a demanding post requiring initiative and flexibility and requires the post holder to work autonomously as well as part of a small team. The successful applicant will possess the following:
• Education to degree level in a related discipline.
• Proficiency in the following IT packages: Excel, Word, Outlook and some experience of website maintenance
• Experience of setting up promotional packages and competitions
• Experience of attracting and maintaining relationships with sponsors and partners
• Experience of promoting an event UK wide and internationally
• Proven administrative experience.
• At least two years experience in a similar role.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral.
• A proven interest in comedy and arts events.
• A working knowledge of Scottish media
• Knowledge of media in the target areas of London, Belfast and New York is advantageous.
• Enthusiastic, creative thinker with good planning skills who can stay calm under pressure.
• We require a flexible attitude to working as evening and weekend work will be required prior to and during the festival.
• A high degree of professionalism and commitment to the success of the festival.
• Full clean driving licence.
This opportunity is available in: Glasgow City
For further information, please contact [email protected] (Sarah Watson). The deadline is Friday 24 January 2014 at 17:00.